What we are producing is human understanding. We have many different ways to understand and many different processes that contribute to our understanding.
I am not currently teaching this term.
Online resources for learning:
- 3b1b: amazing maths video on YouTube.
- Brilliant: online interactive learning.
- Exercism: learn coding for free.
- How to write a clear math paper: some 21st Century Tips by Igor Pak.
- How to write a paper by Oded Goldreich
- Notes on writing mathematics by Michael Cowling, in particular:
- Words such as ‘assume’, ‘suppose’, ‘show’, ‘imply’,… should usually be followed by ‘that’, but ‘have’, ‘get’ and ‘obtain’ should not be.
- “You and I” is the subject. “You and me” is the object. Tip: remove “you and” and see if the sentence is still correct. english.stackexchange.
More resources can be found on Terry Tao’s blog.
Guides and advice
Sometimes I enjoy reading guides. Here I keep track of some which I found helpful.